Thursday 19 March 2009

Two Bento

This week I have been trying to get back into bento, as I think I said in an earlier post. I love the cute boxes that I bought ages ago, but I hardly ever use them. I prefer my trusty Lock & Lock boxes which can be microwaved, but even then I don't make a bento style meal! However it is a good way to have something appetising to eat at lunch time, and to use up leftovers.

The first one is partly left over Chinese from Friday night; Pork Balls with Stir Fried Noodles and Veggies, and sweet chilli sauce in the green chick pot. The other layer was some ardennes pate, with a cherry tomato and some crackers underneath, and an inarizushi. I forgot to bring any soy sauce for the inarizushi, but had some left over sweet chilli sauce from the pork balls which was I used to add some flavour.


Yesterday I did some extra hours in the purchasing unit for work and made another Bento! This one is a potato salad bento in my pretty two tiered blue bento box. I am really sorry for the awful photo. When I used the flash it bleached the potato salad white and without it the photo is too dark! On the left is frankfurters which were marinated in Honey and Mustard, two cherry tomatoes, and my last two kinder schoco bons. The left is pesto potato salad, with red onion and cucumber.


Pesto Potato Salad
(Makes 1 portion)

2 medium potatoes
1/2 red onion, chopped
2/3 slices of cucumber quartered
1 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp natural yoghurt
1 tsp pesto

Boil the potatoes for about 15mins until cooked through, then cut into smaller pieces.

Mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise and pesto together so that it all combines. Add in the potatoes, onion and cucumber and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment