Friday 23 March 2012

Wonton Noodle Soup

I have been wanting to make wonton noodle soup for ages but the effort and time involved in making my own wontons really put me off. I was shopping in Chinatown over the weekend and came across frozen ready-made wontons. Hurrah thought I, I can have my fix! And what a delicious fix it was. I also bought some vegetable stock cubes with tamarind in them and I love the citrusy flavour it brings to the soup.



Wonton Noodle Soup
(Serves 1)

400ml veg stock (mine had tamarind in it)
1/2 tsp crushed ginger
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
4 frozen wontons
enough ramen noodles for one person
half a head of spring greens, sliced
handful sugar snap peas
half a bag of baby spinach
1 Japanese fishcake, sliced

Bring the stock to a boil in a sauce pan and add in the ginger and garlic.

Add in the frozen wontons and cook for 4 mins, add in the noodles and fishcake and cook for a couple of minutes, add in the sugar snaps, spinach and greens and cook for two more mins.

Add in the soy sauce and serve.


And just because it's actually starting to feel like spring, here is a picture of some beautiful narcissus in my garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment