Tuesday 24 April 2012

Baked Tortilla Chips

When I try and take frozen tortillas out the packet I never seem to be able to get them out whole, this is especially a problem with flour tortillas, so I end up with lots of half tortillas and bits and bobs that I can't really do anything with. Except I can! Why didn't I think of it before, make my own tortilla chips! This is so easy to do and healthy as well, well it would have been had I not made them into nachos with large amounts of cheese!!

To make the nachos I put the tortilla chips in the bottom of an ovenproof dish, spotted over some salsa and sour cream and then sprinkled (liberally) with cheese, popped some olives on top and baked for about 20 mins in the oven. Cheesey and delicious!
















Baked Tortilla Chips

tortillas
cooking spray

Spray a baking tray with the cooking spray.

Cut the tortillas into six triangles.

Lay the tortilla chips onto the baking tray and then spray the chips with the cooking spray.

Bake for about 5 mins at 200C until the chips look golden brown and crisp and serve, either as nachos or with a dip.


No comments:

Post a Comment