Wednesday 16 May 2012

Baked Apples

I was looking for an easy healthy dessert that I could make one weekend when I had some points left over for the day and I looked in my fruit bowl and found some bramley apples that my Mum had brought up a couple of weeks previously. I remember having baked apples as a child and absolutely loving them, it's one of those comfort foods you remember being lovely and warming on a cold winters night, and although its not actually winter anymore it definitely feels like it!
















Baked Apples
(Serves 1)
(3 WW ProPoints per serving)

1 bramley apple, cored
1 tbsp raisins or sultanas
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp flora light

Place the apple on a baking sheet with some greaseproof paper on it and score a line around the equator of each apple.

In a bowl mix together the sugar, sultanas, ginger and cinnamon and then pack the middle of the apple with the mixture.

Top with the flora light and bake for 40 mins or until cooked through. Baste the apples with any liquid left on the tray and serve with ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment