Friday 24 August 2012

Chicken, Courgette and Tarragon Quiche

It's that time of year again. Courgettes are in full flow and I am eating them with everything, although with doing WeightWatchers this year I have been able to palm some off on the ladies there as well as my neighbours! The original recipe for this doesn't include the courgettes but I couldn't see a reason for not adding them so I did! I took this quiche on a picnic and had it with the beautiful salad at the end of this post which used flowers from my garden as well as salad leaves and looked (and tasted) fantastic. I included nasturtiums, violas and marigolds in the salad.
















Chicken, Courgette and Tarragon Quiche (adapted from WeightWatchers Ma Boite a Fiches Recette)
(Serves 4)
(4 WW ProPoints per serving)

cooking spray
2 chicken breasts, cooked
1 large onion, chopped
2 courgettes, chopped into rounds and then the rounds into halves
2 tbsp tarragon, chopped
2 eggs
2 tbsp creme fraiche
80ml skimmed milk
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 200C.

Heat a frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Cook the onions for 5 mins until they are translucent and starting to brown. Add in the tarragon and cook for 1 more min. Shred the chicken. Put the onion, tarragon and chicken in the bottom of a quiche dish

In a bowl beat the eggs with the milk and the creme fraiche and pour into the quiche dish. Bake in the oven for 15 mins and then serve with salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment