Thursday 16 August 2012

Guinea Fowl with Vegetables En Papillote

When I was in France a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a box of WeightWatchers recipes in French! I have an ok knowledge of French and I can read a menu so with the help of my trusty French dictionary I have worked out what the recipes say and this is the first recipe that I tried.

I love guinea fowl, but it's not something you get very often here in the UK, so I brought some back with me. We popped into the supermarket in Lille on the way back and I picked some up, as well as a whole host of other things I can't get here. Guinea fowl tastes like chicken but better and it's a little smaller I think. This recipe was deliciously simple but fantastic. I really am majoring on en papillote! I love the juices of the meat/fish flavouring the veggies, so good!
















Guinea Fowl with Vegetables En Papillote (adapted from WeightWatchers Boite a Fiches Recette)
(Serves 4)
(6 WW ProPoints per serving)

4 guinea fowl legs
300g green beans
2 shallots, sliced
2 carrots, julienned
1 courgette, julienned
40g light margarine
1 tbsp curry powder
salt and pepper

Preheat the oven to 210C.

Share the veg out between four sheets of greaseproof paper. Place the guinea fowl legs on the top, then sprinkle over the curry powder and put a little knob of butter on top of each leg. Fold the greaseproof paper on top and seal the parcel to form a papillote (the one that looks like a Cornish pasty).

Bake in the oven for 20 mins and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment