Tuesday 28 August 2012

Spaghetti Squash Lasagne

I have had a few spaghetti squash this year, not as many as last year but enough to keep me going! I'm always on the look out for things to do with it, and I knew that it was a good substitute for pasta, so when I came across this recipe on Skinny Taste I knew I had to try it. Gina's website is brilliant for healthy meals and although the WeightWatchers points system here is slightly different to in the States, I know that what I'm making is likely to be low in points and always delicious.
















Spaghetti Squash Lasagne (adapted from www.skinnytaste.com)
(Serves 4)
(9 WW ProPoints per serving)

2 large spaghetti squash, cooked
150g mozzarella
40g Parmesan cheese, grated
100g ricotta
130g bacon or pancetta, cut into cubes
400ml tomato sauce

Preheat the oven to 190C.

Fry the bacon or pancetta until golden and crispy.

Ladle 200ml of tomato sauce into the bottom of a large oven proof dish. Top with the spaghetti squash and then the ricotta and bacon.

Sprinkle with half the Parmesan and half the mozzarella.  Add the remaining sauce, Parmesan and mozzarella cheese in layers on top

Cover with foil and bake for 15 - 20 mins, or until the cheese is melted and the edges begin to bubble; uncover and cook for an additional 5 mins. Serve with a green salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment