Wednesday 19 September 2012

Cheese and Ham Panini

I am so in love with panini at the moment! Ham and cheese is so simple but so good and the basil is perfect in this sandwich too. So even though I am on a "diet" I can still eat the oozy gooey mess that is a grilled cheese sandwich! Speaking about that I reached my WeightWatchers goal last night! I was in fact 2lbs below it! So happy! I've lost 2st 4lbs in total and I feel so much better! Now all I have to do is try and stay the same!
















Cheese and Ham Panini (adapted from www.about.com)
(Serves 4)
(10 WW ProPoints per serving)

1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
4 panini rolls, cut in half
4 slices low fat ham
1 125g ball of mozzarella, sliced
2 tbsp minced fresh basil

Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a small dish. Using a basting brush, brush each cut side of the panini roll, with the olive oil mixture.

Heat a two-sided grill, or panini press, and coat with cooking spray. With the oiled side up, top half of each bun with one slice of ham, 1/4 of the ball of cheese, and 1/2 tbsp of the minced basil. Top each panini with the other half of the bun, oiled side down.

Grill each panini about 4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted, and the bread is crisp.

No comments:

Post a Comment