Sunday 2 September 2012

Warm Broad Bean and Ham Pittas

Using more produce from my garden I made broad bean and ham pittas. I love finding new sandwiches and things to make for lunch. I'm on a big panini and warm pitta kick at the moment and I bought a lovely paninis, sandwich and wrap book from France which I have been using a lot. I find it difficult to think of things for lunch, especially when trying to maintain variety and making it portable for work, but it's always fun trying to adapt recipes and menu planning makes it much easier, as I have a dedicated time to sit down and work out the lunches and dinners for the week.

















Warm Broad Bean and Smoked Ham Pittas
(Serves 4)
(7 WW ProPoints per serving)

300g broad beans
cooking spray
1 onion, sliced finely
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
50g smoked ham, cut into small strips
small bunch fresh mint, chopped
2 tbsp virtually fat free fromage frais
4 pitta breads
salt and pepper

Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the broad beans and cook for about 5 mins or until tender. Drain.

Heat a frying pan and spray with cooking spray. Add the onion, chilli and garlic and cook for a few mins, until softened and golden.

Remove the pan from the heat and add the balsamic vinegar, ham, broad beans, mint and fromage frais. Season and mix together gently.

Warm the pitta breads in the oven or toaster. Spoon the ham and bean mixture into the pittas and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment