Sunday 28 October 2012

Courgette and Carrot Mini Muffins

I have to say that I don't usually frequent the CBeebies website, but for healthy and exceptionally easy recipes they come up trumps. I have spent the last few months eating WeightWatchers snacks, which are, if I'm honest, not the most palatable things in the world. Don't get me wrong some of the biscuits are pretty good, but if I have to be committed to a life of nougat instead of that nice Kitkat chunky for a chocolate bar, and cakes that don't just look, but also taste flat, you may as well shoot me now.

So I have been on mission to find cake that is about 2-3 points, which is the average pointage of my afternoon snack. It's been a hard call, almost all cakes, even that on the WeightWatchers website, are 4 or higher. This is not so on the CBeebies website where they are trying to promote healthy eating among pre-schoolers. The portions are smaller, therefore the points are smaller and with my huge courgette crop, these muffins gave me the perfect answer to my quest. They are also the easiest and quickest cakes ever, taking about 20 mins from start to finish.
















Courgette and Carrot Mini Muffins (from CBeebies)
(Makes 9)
(2 WW ProPoints per serving)

1 egg
1 courgette, grated
1 carrot, grated
2 tbsp milk
1 heaped tbsp raisins
1 tbsp sunflower oil
75g plain flour
15g light soft brown sugar
1 level teaspoon baking powder

Preheat the oven to 220ºC.

Break the egg into the bowl and whisk it with a fork. Add the grated courgette, grated carrot, raisins, milk and sunflower oil.

In the other bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder.

Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and give it a good stir.

Spoon the mixture into small muffin cases in a muffin tray. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 12–15 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment