Monday 5 November 2012

Spanish Bacon and Bean Hotpot

This is like a pimped up version of beans on toast adding bacon, herbs and spices to the mix. I went to the cupboard to get my tin of baked beans to discover that I only had baked beans and pork sausages, in fact I got to point of opening the can, looking inside and discovering sausages before I realised my mistake. I thought what the hell the sausages are in there I'll use them and all was fine. They went nicely with the bacon and the beans and this really is super dooper pimped up baked beans.

This is a really warming and comforting dish, lovely now those cold nights are already here. It freezes really well and has now become one of my freezer staples.
















Spanish Bacon and Bean Hotpot (adapted from WeightWatchers Mini Series Weekdays)
(Serves 4)
(10 WW ProPoints per serving)

cooking spray
2 onions, chopped
8 bacon medallions, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g baked beans
1 tsp smoked paprika
salt and pepper

Heat a large lidded saucepan and spray with the cooking spray. Add the onions and cook, stirring for 4 mins adding a splash of water if they start to stick. Add the gammon and cook for another 3 mins. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further min.

Add the herbs, tomatoes, beans, paprika and 100ml water and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat, season and simmer, half covered for 10 mins until the sauce has thickened slightly. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment