Wednesday 19 December 2012

Merguez, Goat's Cheese and Broccoli Buglar Salad

I had a bit of a disaster with this lunch, as I was draining the bulgar I managed to knock the sieve on the tap and tip half the bulgar into the sink, which was at the time full of dirty water. Given that it was, by the time I'd finished, about 9pm I gave up and decided I'd just eat what I had. So lunch the following day was a little skinnier than expected. I changed a few things from the original recipe which doesn't have merguez in it and had feta cheese instead of goat's cheese. So, despite being smaller than I intended it was very tasty.
















Merguez, Goat's Cheese and Broccoli Buglar Salad (adapted from Olive Magazine July 2008)
(Serves 2)

4 merguez sausages
100g bulghar wheat
125g tenderstem broccoli tips
1 lemon, juiced
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
½ garlic clove, crushed
100g goat's cheese
2 tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
a small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped

Preheat the grill and grill the sausages until they are cooked.

Tip the bulgar into a pan of salted boiling water and cook according to the instructions on the packet. Add the broccoli for the last 4 mins of cooking time.

Toss the bulgar with all the other ingredients. Season and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment